Friday, November 5, 2010

CHARLIE!

All right, I guess some of you have been wanting to know about our new dog, His name is Charlie and he is a beagle, we got him from the Buddy Center in Castle Rock, where he was transfered from the Dumb Friends League in Denver. For some reason he was on the list of dogs that had been there the longest.. which I don't understand he is a pretty great dog, we haven't had any real problems with him at all! well except he thinks he is allowed to lay on my new black couch and use our little throw pillows like they were meant for him, but you can't blame him there, I just put a blanket on the spot he likes to lay, And I am convinced that he likes Steven more than me :P .

Pretty much before we got married I have been bugging Steven about getting a puppy, Now that we finally have a house where we are allowed dogs, they tell us no puppies, grrr. but it makes it a little easier, no potty training needed whew! Charlie is around 8 years old, ya he is kinda an old dog, but sometimes he seems old and sometimes he has more energy than he knows what to do with. He is perfect for us, he doesn't bark or whine, he likes to play, and will go on walks with me :)

He even made the whole drive back from NC just fine, although he found some pretty interesting ways to sleep... and he did manage to get in to our snack food and eat a whole bag of beef jerky that mad him smell great let me tell ya. haha.
I am working on training him better now, all he knows at the moment is how to beg, which is pretty darn cute, but he needs to learn to not beg, and maybe sit, stay, lay down,... you know the basics. which might take a while, he is lacking in the smarts area...

No comments:

Post a Comment